Introduced my girls to each other - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2013, 12:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Introduced my girls to each other

So I've had Ivy for a few months now and thought I would finally introduce her to Prim. They seem to do pretty well. They don't LOVE each other but they eat a lot better and are much more active when they are out. I set up a pretty big area, almost my whole room, with both of their wheels and all 4 bowls and two separate hiding places. At first Prim would huff a lot when Ivy would try to smell her but Prim has not accepted it and is smelling Ivy too.

Sometimes Prim does get a little too.. determined... and I have to move her away from Ivy because Ivy is huffing and Prim is getting a little too interested.

Prim is on the right and Ivy is on the left

Prim is still on the right.

That last picture is when I had to move Prim away from Ivy. Ivy doesn't really run away and when she comes by Prim she sniffs her and everything, so she doesn't seem scared of Prim.

Any ideas as to why Prim is practically stepping on her? And she seems to want to smell Ivy's lady parts, almost like how does sniff each others butts in greeting? And yes, I am absolutely positive that they are both girls lol. They do not live together, they only are together for 30-90 minutes every few nights. Is their behavior normal? What exactly is normal behavior for two hedgehogs when they first meet? lol

Thanks!

Primrose became a part of my family on September 5th, 2012.

Ivy became a part of my family on May 1st, 2013.

Check out mine Prim's, and Ivy's Instagram http://instagram.com/julieanne1991/
JulieAnne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in