Spending the night away from hedgehog - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Spending the night away from hedgehog

Hey, this is probably a silly question, since I'm sure it in reality is fine, but I may be spending the night away from my hedgehog tonight and I want to know if everyone thinks he'd be ok? I'd obviously handle him for the night and check his temperature before I leave, and have my roommate check it again before she goes to bed but I want to make sure that I have all the bases covered for him to have a safe happy night, which I'm sure he'd enjoy because he's much more active when I'm not in the room haha. He's my first hedgie and he's only 5 months old, so I still have new baby syndrome where I worry about every little thing.
Kacey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Default Re: Spending the night away from hedgehog

Heh, I remember that feeling. Don't worry - being gone for one night is just fine and I'm sure your baby will be a happy camper! Your plans to handle and check temperature before leaving and having roommate check temperature are good. And of course, I'm sure you'll check in the morning when you get home, so it'll be like you weren't even gone at all! It only starts getting a bit iffy if you're going to be gone for two or more nights and don't have someone who's able and willing to check in and make sure food & water are fresh and clean, etc. Have a good night, and don't worry too much!

RIP my sweet Lily ~ 6/12/08 - 1/20/12
Lilysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think he'll be fine for one night. As long as he has enough food and water, the only other thing is the temperature, which your roomie can check on. I'm away for one night every week, and before I go I make sure Piglet is all tucked in with everything he needs, and I always make sure my neighbor is available to get into my apartment and check the thermostat.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks so much y'all! I am spending all day tomorrow out as well, but am planning on coming back in the morning to check his temperature, though that is inconvenient as it is a 30 minute drive to my apartment and back to my job, but anything for my little boy! I am going to also ask my roommate to check in the morning as well though.
Kacey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

My boyfriend and I are actually in the same situation...we are going to be gone just one night (but two sundays in a row). He has actually been the paranoid one but I really think they will be just fine! ...And you even have someone to really keep on eye on him so it's best to just not stress!

Henry!
http://youtu.be/C_Xg6Zt3vDo
sklock65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in