New baby is home - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation New baby is home

I just wanted to say thank you to this forum. We decided at the beginning of Dec to put a deposit down on a baby for our daughter's Christmas present. She has wanted one for several years (me, too if truth be told), but we wanted her to be a little older and mature, and to make sure it wasn't just a whim. Her cousin has had one for a couple years, and so she has stayed interested. We brought him home a week ago tomorrow, and he is already coming to us when we talk to him and rarely balls up. She ended up choosing the runt of the litter, as he was the most calm to begin with. I took the month of December to read everything I could on here to know what it would need, and she got most of his things for her Christmas gifts from Santa. After Christmas, she spent a lot of time on here, and reading up on his care on her own. I think because we took so much time, and I got so much good information on here, it's made it easier for the little guy to adjust. He was doing so well and was so happy and relaxed today, that we gave him a foot bath to see how he would do in the water. He loved it!

We've had a couple things happen that we wondered what he was doing (he was licking her fingers, then bit her for instance) and we were able to come right here and figure them out quickly.

And, my daughter came out this morning saying she had the best nights sleep she had all night. Then promptly went to get the paper towels to clean off the wheel Glad they're getting used to each other. Just wish she would settle on a name.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: New baby is home

Awh <3
I'm so glad that you all are doing so well! I'm sure that hedgie is in a great home with you and your daughter.

Hopefully we'll see some pictures soon .o. And a name!
hedgieglue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

I think it is so wonderful and refreshing to see how you and your daughter together prepared for the arrival of this little hedgie to ensure that everyone is happy and healthy. This is how a pet enters a caring forever home.
shetland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Your little guy sounds fantastic! Congrats on bringing him home and providing for him so well

SouthernSweet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

I am so glad that you got involved in the care and safety of your new family pet. It doesn't happen often enough. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new baby boy. Let us know when you name him and we all love pictures.

Lisa
momIImany is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in