New hedgehog help! - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ria

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2019, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New hedgehog help!

Hello! I got my hedgehog, Marth, two days ago. I've been letting him sleep on me while I watch TV and draw and I think we've bonded pretty well for only two days. I'm worried because he doesn't seem to be eating a lot, and he only seems to poop when I'm holding him. He's eating the same food when me as he did at the pet store, but he only eats when I hand feed him. He also has two water sources, a bottle and a bowl, but it doesn't seem like he's drinking a lot either. I'm also worried that I don't have the proper heating equipment for him. If anyone would please tell me the thermostat, heat pad, heat emmitter, etc. that they use and post links to them I'd really appreciate it! Thank you to anyone who offers any help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190106_194346594_1546916004884.jpg (95.9 KB, 9 views)
decidueye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2019, 02:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ria

Some hedgehogs when they are adjusting wont eat very much, give him a week or two and if he still isnt eating very much maybe go to the vet for a health check.
The poop sounds very typical for a hedgehog actually, he probably is pooping in the cage you just cant see it - Holly used to burry hers unerd her bedding.
I'd take the bottle away so theres only the water dish, it can hurt his teeth, as well as they cant really get water out of it very well.

CHE if you dont have a cage you can fix it to then your better off with a clmap dome holder, and sit on top bars, however if there are no bars to sit it on, your better putting it on a stand so its above the cage.
You'll also need a ceramic heat bulb that doesnt produce light. And a habitat theromostate. I'd also say if you dont already have one that you need a didgital thermometer too.

The first two pictures are the type of holder and cage that you would fix to the cage.
The third and fourth are the dome and stand.
The fifth and sixth are the thermostate and bulb
Bluegirl likes this.
Ria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in