Play Dates - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2019, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Play Dates

Has anyone ever done a hedgie play date before? If so, how’d it go?

My dad got me thinking about it because he asked if I’d find a friend for Michi & do play dates. He thinks it’ll make her more playful/social. I don’t want to get another hedgehog & unfortunately, I don’t know anyone else in Maryland or DC with one.

I’m just curious about others’ experiences.
CaramelSlade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2019, 05:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ria

Hedgehogs dont really need play dates, tbh being around other hedgehogs doesnt really make them sociable either.

It can also lead to fights too, also you have to be carful about males and females so you'd have to only have all females unless your gonna breed them, and females may fight each other.
All males can also fight if your letting them all run around together.
In all honesty its not always really a great idea. And they dont always really make friends.

A lot of people even when owning multiple hedgehogs only really let female siblings mix and even then it can cause fights with them, sometimes you will get two sisiters thats like playing together and like sleep cuddled together but its not very often and even that can go down hill fast.

Hedgehog play dates just dont really happen !!
They like other animals sometimes like dogs and stuff they tend to be okay with them as long as the other animal is okay with them.
And they love making friends with people.
Ria is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria View Post
Hedgehogs dont really need play dates, tbh being around other hedgehogs doesnt really make them sociable either.

It can also lead to fights too, also you have to be carful about males and females so you'd have to only have all females unless your gonna breed them, and females may fight each other.
All males can also fight if your letting them all run around together.
In all honesty its not always really a great idea. And they dont always really make friends.

A lot of people even when owning multiple hedgehogs only really let female siblings mix and even then it can cause fights with them, sometimes you will get two sisiters thats like playing together and like sleep cuddled together but its not very often and even that can go down hill fast.

Hedgehog play dates just dont really happen !!
They like other animals sometimes like dogs and stuff they tend to be okay with them as long as the other animal is okay with them.
And they love making friends with people.
I figured that much. I told my dad that I didn’t think it’d be a good idea to put 2 hedgehogs together but I was curious to see if anyone tried to bond 2 females.

Michi doesn’t like being bothered so I know for her it wouldn’t be a good idea. She doesn’t mind being handled by different people though.
CaramelSlade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 05:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ria

Some are fine with other females and it has been done, but mostly its between two female siblings rather than just any two female hogs.

Some females will be happy making friends with another female and other wont and that can lead to fights and bad injuries.
Ria is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in