In the newbie pre-hedgehog stage - Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2018, 12:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question In the newbie pre-hedgehog stage

I'm not getting a hog just yet as need to do way more planning before considering this becoming a reality - however these forums are hopefully a good starting point! I'm looking after and possibly overwintering a wild underweight lone baby hedgehog at the minute and the hardest part is not getting too comfortable with her/vice versa as I've always liked hedgehogs but really appreciating them since getting to know this one. Would absolutely love to own an african pygmy hedgehog one day and as far as I'm aware, somewhere down the line I'll be able to provide everything she needs in advance (spacious home, good food, handling time and lots of patience and affection) but the only thing I'm worried about is how do I find a vet nearby that will deal with hedgehogs? I read somewhere on here that there's a list but can't seem to find it

Anyway - tell me anything and everything that may be relevant to first time hog ownership please! Try and put me off if you like! Can temperament vary with gender like in some animals? Ideally I'd love a female as can think of so many lovely girl names but interested to know! Don't have the money to spare for everything I'd need as of yet anyway, or anywhere near enough knowledge, so I'll stress again that this is a distant-future project haha! But would love to find out everything asap! Please and thank you for any help
IndiaHawker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2018, 03:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ria

The vetanarian listings is on the the first forum page with all the differents catagories, its called vetanarian listing, its the 4th one down if starting at introductions.
Although it is possible it may not help you, in which case start with looking for exotic vets that are close.
If you cant find one close you could call vets and see if they can/will see the hedgehog.
Ria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2018, 09:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Call around to the local hedgehog rescues they would know what vets in the area work with hedgehogs.

http://www.quillsnthings.webs.com
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in