How to convince parents to get a hedgie? - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nikki

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question How to convince parents to get a hedgie?

I want to get a hedgehog because I am an only child, and I really want a pet that I can hold/actually see and touch around the house( I only have a betta) I have been researching them for years and I made a whole presentation on them. I told my parents I would take care of him, feed him, clean, pay for half(or more) and anything/everything else. No matter what pet I ask for, it's always a NO. I ask why and they think I'm not responsible. I don't agree one bit. I take care of my neighbors cat when they are away, I have friends who can take care of the hedgehog if Im away, I get super good grades, I am starting a pet sitting business but they still say no. If I ask them can I show you an animal presentation they say we don't want an animal in the house(except a fish) Please help
HedgeHogLover_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2018, 01:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

If your parents don't want pets in the house then it's going to be pretty hard, if not impossible to convince them of otherwise. Since it's their house and their rules you may just have to wait until you are grown up and have your own place. Considering hedgehogs can incur large vet bills and require numerous trips to the vet its a must to have your parents 100% on board with owning one. Even though you say you will take care of it and be responsible for it the truth is as long as you're a minor they are the ones legally responsible for the health and care of any animal in their home.
Lilysmommy likes this.

http://www.quillsnthings.webs.com
nikki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2018, 07:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

[QUOTE=HedgeHogLover_;1040226]I want to get a hedgehog because I am an only child, and I really want a pet that I can hold/actually see and touch around the house( I only have a betta) I have been researching them for years and I made a whole presentation on them. I told my parents I would take care of him, feed him, clean, pay for half(or more) and anything/everything else. No matter what pet I ask for, it's always a NO. I ask why and they think I'm not responsible. I don't agree one bit. I take care of my neighbors cat when they are away, I have friends who can take care of the hedgehog if Im away, I get super good grades, I am starting a pet sitting business but they still say no. If I ask them can I show you an animal presentation they say we don't want an animal in the house(except a fish) Please help

Well My Friend had been breeding hedgehogs and my parents didn’t want one either it took a lot of convincing but they finally caved now I have 6 hedgehogs! Not saying that will happen to you but there is a chance you could convince them to get you one
Hannah_126 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2018, 07:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Also make sure they are legal where you are ... they are illegal in California , Hawaii, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C., and the five boroughs of New York City.
Hannah_126 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in