Hedgehog Central banner

Cleaning a C&C cage

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  G.C. 
#1 ·
What is the best solution to use when cleaning the wheel and accessories for my hedgehog? I haven't gotten him yet. I will be bringing him home Saturday. I just want to make sure I have everything ready before hand. I will be using fleece lining for his bedding and I know I have to use fragrance free laundry soap for that stuff so what's the best thing to clean everything else with? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :) Still trying to pick a name for him too so if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate the input. Here's a picture of him too.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
What a cutie! Is he a rich chocolate color or is that just how the picture turned out?

I use a 50/50 mix of white distilled vinegar and water to clean the cage, wheel and litter tray. I just have it in a spray bottle and use it on the C&C cage once a week. I clean the wheel and litter tray every day.

It's going to be a slow week getting to Saturday for you!

#3 ·
I use the same - 50/50 solution of white distilled vinegar and water.

I soak the wheels and liter pan, etc. in it and then clean it with an O-Cel-o wand with dish soap in it.

The cage I just spray it and let it soak then wipe it out with paper towels.

Congratulations on your new baby!!

#4 ·
Thanks for the information.

@Tym4myself: he was listed as a Algerian dark Grey so I'm assuming he's really that dark. The breeder lives a 4 hour drive from me so I picked him based on an internet picture. I won't see him in person till I pick him up.

In fact the only Hedgehog I have ever seen in person is two they currently have at a local petstore. My husband tried to tell me I should have just bought one from the petstore but I didn't want to not know exactly where my hedgehog was coming from. I do feel bad for them though being in a pet store and hearing the horror stories on here about how much most pet stores don't really know about taking care of a hedgehog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.