CSW help - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 03:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default CSW help

This may be in the wrong section, sorry if it is.

I recently purchased a Carolina Storm Wheel for my Hedgehog Tequila. She's had her first wheel since the day we got her (7-8 months ago).

I've noticed, she doesn't even seem to notice the Storm wheel is there, and only prefers to run on her old wheel. We took her old one out, and just left the Storm wheel, and she never even touched it. Not even with us putting her on the wheel.

Any advice? I've seen several people wrap the outside in fleece, is it because its clear? Her old wheel is dark green. And around the same size.
Tdawgthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 06:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Breeders

Default Re: CSW help

Some hogs will resist any change to their environment. Not sure if wrapping the wheel in fleece will help much, never tried it. May help if you put the CSW on the lowest setting and adjust the tilt/pitch to where hog don't slide out.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Hooked on Hogs

Default Re: CSW help

Try what Larry suggests first, but if that doesn't work, it very well could be because the wheel is clear/transparent. I've had that issue with a few of mine over the years. I have some old wheels made from cake covers and they are very see through, even more than the new style of cake cover. Numerous hedgehogs over the years won't run on them yet will happily run on less transparent wheels.

You can easily make a sleeve to go around the outside of the wheel. Simply cut a strip of fleece the depth of the wheel and sew the ends together to make a snug fitting cover.

She may also like her old wheel simply because it is familiar to her and just needs time with the new one.

Retired from breeding

Rescue contact for both the Hedgehog Welfare Society and the IHA
Rescued over 70 (and counting) hedgehogs needing a new home

http://freewebs.com/thehedgieden/
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in