Preparing fleece pullover for use as hideout / toy? - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Preparing fleece pullover for use as hideout / toy?

Well, y'all have got me paranoid over the least little thread and I don't know that it would be possible to be much more careful. I am inspecting seams on all of her liners, sacks, and stuff after every wash.

Yet, t-shirts in the cage or house are highly recommended (inspected for free threads first, of course).

So that got me to wondering about a fleece pullover (fleece-like; one side fleecy, weave-side visible). It's just too small for me now, and I was going to cut it up for strips and squares, but I got to wondering about the 'adventure' potential of burrowing through the sleeves and such

I turned it inside-out to put the fleece on the inside with weave-side and seams on the outside. It had cuffs that are pretty elastic but a bit small, so I decided to cut them off.

I really wanted to zip it up and leave it to keep the neck as small as possible, but I'm so spooked about accidentally doing something bad that I cut out the zipper entirely. I wasn't worried about threads, but would the pull be something she would bite on and hurt herself? Once I decided to cut off the pull, I pretty much had to cut out the whole zipper because there isn't anything to hold it zipped. Would leaving the zipper have been okay? Or no? I'm glad that I thought of using the pullover this way before cutting it up. She will probably enjoy burrowing through it. It's too late for this one, zipper-wise, but if she likes it and I can leave a zipper intact, I've got a nice big fleece jacket with a hood that she might love. The sleeves are bigger too, so no problem there. We would share use.
GoodandPlenty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in