Got my ear bit - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Got my ear bit

So Lucy my 2 year old hedgie was licking my neck lastnight which was fine then she decided that she would like to smell and lick my ears, She normally does that.

BUT this time I guess she decided licking my ear wasnt good enough and bit me and held on **** that hurt she didnt do it hard but got kind of worried there with her.

Joanne
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 01:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Got my ear bit

Sophie has taken to climbing up my shirt and settling in on my shoulder. I've been wondering if my earlobe looks like a tasty morsel. Now you've got me almost expecting to get bit tomorrow. Ha.

She did bite me today; my own fault. Cage cleaning day and though I washed my hands, I didn't do a good enough job and she went right for that vinegar/water residue. As soon as she starting licking I flattened my hand, but she still managed to get a good chomp and grip.
GoodandPlenty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

I've warned a few people over the years about allowing their hedgehogs to "groom" them. I don't like my hedgehogs licking on my neck or in my hair, mostly just because licking tends to lead to the follow scene:

"Wow this really tastes/smells interesting.
I should spread this on my quills.
Oh that wasn't good enough, I need a better taste.
I will bite at this to get a better taste and then I'll anoint and smell even better."

Their bites can hurt quite a lot. With as much as that one hurt, imagine if he really meant to hold on and make it hurt.

Snuffle!
Kalandra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalandra
I've warned a few people over the years about allowing their hedgehogs to "groom" them. I don't like my hedgehogs licking on my neck or in my hair, mostly just because licking tends to lead to the follow scene:

"Wow this really tastes/smells interesting.
I should spread this on my quills.
Oh that wasn't good enough, I need a better taste.
I will bite at this to get a better taste and then I'll anoint and smell even better."

Their bites can hurt quite a lot. With as much as that one hurt, imagine if he really meant to hold on and make it hurt.
Your hedgie POV made me laugh so much!
But yeah, that is the same reason I don't let Agatha lick me no matter how cute I think that is. That and because I don't know if there could be anything on my skin that could harm her, read: body lotion, soap, bacterias.

Agatha's birthday: 24-December-2011
vasogoma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in