Green Poop In Water Dish? - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Green Poop In Water Dish?

So I woke up this morning and checked up on Baby girls cage and I saw that her dish was pretty much empty and had some green poop in it, pooping green isnt really unusual for her, she tends to poop green when shes stressed, like if there's a big move from my place to the boyfriends (dont do that anymore, too stressful for the both of us) and im thinking the green was from the move I made myself in my room (moving my bed and dressers around)

What Im wondering is she could never possibly drink that whole dish, because its big and she never has. Im worried that she might have tipped it over or maybe my mum didnt fill it last night (I was out) and to add to that, what if she drank some with her poop in it.

What should I be looking for right now? I just gave her fresh water and woke her up and she ran around the cage and went on her wheel and ran around some more, I dont know if thats a good sign. Im leaving for work right now and Im just worried about her.

GoldenEyes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Re: Green Poop In Water Dish?

This posting is over a week old, but I have to ask, how is your little one doing?

Most likely she didn't drink anything at all if there was poop soiling her water. Occasionally mine will kick a poop into their water, and the hedgehog will almost always get a good drink after I replace it the next morning.

Snuffle!
Kalandra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, it seems like everytime I post a question no one seems to know the answer...

She is doing fine, I got home from work and watched her and pretty much bugged her to have a drink so i would know for sure, she peed after too so im thinking she might of had a sip before she got poop in it. Other then that shes doing great, aside from the itching that I hope can be resolved but I may have to figure that one out solo.

I'll be doing that from now on I think, solving our problems the best I know how.

GoldenEyes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

If you don't get a response, please bump the thread if it has been for more than half a day. Or feel free to message me. I may not have an answer, but I will take a look at it.. I didn't see this message until today. I don't get to read much on the forums last week, and was picking out those that people forwarded me to.

I'm happy to hear she's doing fine though.

Snuffle!
Kalandra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in