Panicked Over College?? - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By shinydistraction

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2016, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Panicked Over College??

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I got my little dumpling, Apollo, just over 4 months ago as a present to myself for graduating high school early and everything has been going great so far! However, after months of consideration, (2-3 days ago) I finally decided that I'm going to start college in the spring semester.

I just read that the college I'm very interested in going to has a new policy that all freshman are required to live on campus for their first year. The only pets that are allowed on campus, that I know of, are fish. My parents and sister have no interest in taking care of him unless they have to (like if I'm out of town for 1-2 days). I really, really, really, don't want to have to give him up.

I'm going to meet with an admissions counselor next week to talk about possibly going to a community college first and then transferring to the university later, but I would honestly rather just dive straight into the University instead. Does anyone know if they might make an exception (even though I already doubt they will)? Er.. Does anyone have any general advice on what to do? The thought of having to give him up is really making me panic. :^((

Thanks, Graham.
thatonehobbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2016, 11:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

That's really beyond anyone's ability to say for sure. It's really up to the school what they will and will not allow. They might make an exception for you, they might not. It might make a difference if you're rooming alone, but it might not. You'd have to discuss it with them and see if any sort of compromise can be worked out. Maybe they would be willing to let you live off campus if you maintain your grades. It's really completely up to them

If they aren't willing to work with you on it, then you'll have to make a decision. You can give up your hog and go to that school, or you can keep your hog and go elsewhere. Ultimately you'll have to choose what's best for you.
nikki and twobytwopets like this.
shinydistraction is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 11:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

As a parent my advice is to go to a community college and save your parents a fortune.
Hedgehog Swag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2016, 04:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

99% of the time, if your parents live in the same town as the school, you can live with them.
EliRose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
advice, college, decisions, panic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in