Hedgehog Central banner

Uh....

6K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Immortalia 
#1 ·
#2 ·
ugh i know, the ones overwieght, and they put the one on its back, and it doesnt move until the end! and i bet theyre deaf, because those ladies voices are painful for a human! let alone a tiny hedgehog!!! :eek: :cry:

#9 ·
The hedgehogs in the videos seem to enjoy being in the tub, especially Schming. What I don't like is those videos will give every moron out there the idea that their hedgehog will enjoy doing that. Of all our hedgehogs, there isn't one that would enjoy being on it's back in water. I'm sure if I tried that with some of them, they'd have a heart attack out of fear. :(

#11 ·
I hope everyone that has the knowledge is sending them a message or flagging the video.
As stated earlier by Nancy , the largest fear, on my end, is that someone else will do that to their hog and freak them out at the VERY least. The idea of rolling a hedgie in water as fun seems so cruel.. I can't even imagine someone doing that to me in a pool let alone a tiny animal..

#16 ·
The hedgehogs in those videos look like very experienced swimmers. Having hedgehogs swim is okay if you give them a place to rest if they want to and don't make a session longer than you think your hedgehog can handle. If the hedgehog looks frantic let it stop. The hedgehogs in those videos are as calm as any hedgehog I have ever seen. Compare those hedgehogs to Herisson's first swimming lesson:
Please don't get after me for my video of Herisson. I know he looks a little frantic. Please note that this was his first time swimming ever so he still isn't too sure about it. Also note that the tub slopes so that on one end he can touch the bottom. He also wasn't swimming very long either. Now after a few more swimming lessons he tolerates swimming but still isn't as comfortable as the hedgehogs in those videos above.

#21 ·
I pondered this for a very long time... It might be my overtired mind not letting me think straight...It's 3am XD But I figured I'd help hedgie love and do some highlighting...

Nancy said:
The hedgehogs in the videos seem to enjoy being in the tub, especially Schming.
hedgie love said:
The hedgehogs in those videos look like very experienced swimmers. Having hedgehogs swim is okay if you give them a place to rest if they want to and don't make a session longer than you think your hedgehog can handle. If the hedgehog looks frantic let it stop. The hedgehogs in those videos are as calm as any hedgehog I have ever seen.
Me back in again...I don't think my boy would EVER enjoy swimming, so I would never bother. He tries to climb out of his bath as it is :lol: However, I too think that those hedgies are extremely calm, and in my experience, the only time an animal is calm is when they are relaxed and/or happy(with exceptions of squealing in joy and bounding around enjoying their freedom). All the animals that I have ever owned(please don't make me count XD we're well beyond 10 within the past 24 years of my life)...They would freak, spaz, bite, kick, run far far away if they are ever put into a situation they have an extreme dislike of(I have my share of bruises to show for it). So those hedgies are quite enjoying themselves and having fun. I would NOT recommend just ANYONE doing this with their hedgies, not without the proper introductions and slow process of getting them used to swimming.

*heads off to bed*

Edit to fix quote bars []

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.