I wrote this to a person with an ad on Kijiji.. - Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2011, 12:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default I wrote this to a person with an ad on Kijiji..

I recently purchased a hedgehog. I feel the need to tell you this because some people buy them because they think they are loving, social animals and will greet you at your door, unfortunately, they're not. Many people buy hedgehogs on an impulse buy and don’t do their research so don’t know what they’re getting themselves into. I'm not trying to be rude, really. Please don't think I am. Please apply for your permit before buying your hedgie! If you're planning on getting him/her from a pet store (it's where I got mine) then you will need your permit. If you don't have it, I can give you the guy’s name / number to call where to get it.
Do you have a lot of time to spend with a hedgie and get it used to you? If not, then don't get it, really. If you can, try to get a hedgehog that is 'pre-spoiled' (already handled) from a breeder! I wish I could have got my hedgie already ‘pre-spoiled’.
I have read so much about problems with a hedgie, such as an upset tummy, not eating, injuries from the wheel, etc. I’ve heard so many excuses for the reasons of this. Such as, “Well the better quality food is more expensive…” “It’s hard to get that wheel here” “I don’t have enough time to go shopping”, the list goes on and on.
These are a list of things you should think about before even purchasing one. You should research and be absolute certain that you’re able to provide
1) a good quality cage that is appropriate for hedgehogs
2) PLENTY of high-quality recommended cat food
3) a suitable wheel
4) a comfortable temperature.

Please don’t think I’m trying to be rude to you or discourage you from getting a hedgehog, I think they make amazing pets when treated and cared for properly Like I said, if you don’t have your hedgehog permit then just let me know and I’ll give you the name and number of the guy

I wasn't trying to be rude, really. I don't know everything about a hedgehog either but I'm tired of reading about people giving up their hedgies because they 'dont have enough time to spend with it'. Why couldn't they have thought of it before?
elishax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2011, 12:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: I wrote this to a person with an ad on Kijiji..

Not everywhere needs a permit for a hedgie. Just saying. And not everyone lives near you to "call your guy".

Other then that, i hear ya.

GoldenEyes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 12:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

No, they live near me :P That's why I told them that!

Old 11-26-2011, 12:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'm an idiot lol!!!

I gotchya, makes sense. So weird that some people need a permit like a car lol

GoldenEyes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 12:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hahah, at least it's free

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in