Do hedgehogs and lion head bunnies get along? - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Arrow Do hedgehogs and lion head bunnies get along?

I have 2 lion head bunnies, and now I'm wondering if they will get along with my hedgehog that I will be getting! Lion heads are small, and my two weigh 1.7 pounds and 2.3 pounds. So they aren't THAT big compared to a hedgie. They are both prey animals, so it's not like they'd try to hunt each other! Because I have my bunnies out most of the day when I'm home, it'd be nice to able to have both bunnies and my hedgehog on my bed with me during "cuddle time" when I watch movies/tv for a few hours. Other wise my bunnies might lose time with me so I can bond with my hedgehog .
HedgieGirl519 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Do hedgehogs and lion head bunnies get along?

Its hard to say.
Hedgehogs are not social animals. They don't get a long with each other except for breeding and other rare occasions. You also have to be careful that the hedgehog doesn't hurt the rabbits with his/her quills. Even if he loses one it could poke the rabbits and such. You shouldn't even think of introducing them in till you and your hedgie have a bond and you know your hedgehogs reactions good enough to tell if the situation is to stressful for either of them. And don't forget don't leave them alone together. Even for a brief moment to get a glass of soda or something. You don't know what can happen.

RIP Opal <3
Buy 2012 hedgehog calendar here: http://www.lulu.com/product/calendar/20 ... r/18714080
Join Hedgehog Happenings on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/groups/hedgehoghappenings/
ShutUpAndSmile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2011, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default Re: Do hedgehogs and lion head bunnies get along?

Hey just saw this topic,

I have a rabbit and because he is not a very demanding bunny, he's quite calm and kind of timid I find he has the same personality as my HH. I find they get along, maybe not best friends but they put up with eachother so you never know, but I agree I would watch them very carefully.
holtzchick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in