Hedgehog Central  Hedgehog pet care & owner forum

Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Questions (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Pooping In The Bath? (https://www.hedgehogcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11949)

Eggplant 08-28-2011 11:14 PM

Pooping In The Bath?

Another question, sorry :). My hedgehog, whenever i bathe her always poops several times in the tub. Is this common? Either way, is there a way to somehow prevent this from happening? It can be annoying having to fish them out while trying to clean her. Thanks!

LovinHediges 08-28-2011 11:17 PM

Re: Pooping In The Bath?

Both mine do it all the time :) I don't think you can stop it, you'll just have to change the water after she goes...poop is part of the joy of having hedgies :)

Eggplant 08-28-2011 11:22 PM

Hahah alright, thanks :). I always laugh at how she stops running around and looking up at me while sticking up her tail... obvious she is up to somthing :).

08-28-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eggplant
Hahah alright, thanks :). I always laugh at how she stops running around and looking up at me while sticking up her tail... obvious she is up to somthing :).

The warm water relaxes the anus muscle and so makes elimination easier

Rainy 08-29-2011 12:17 AM

Awe. Gotta love the "poop face".

08-29-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainy

I just love seeing their little tails XD

Rainy 08-29-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWCOGAR
Quote:

Unless that little tail lifts when they're on your lap! :D

08-29-2011 01:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Unless that little tail lifts when they're on your lap! :D

Feral finally is kind enough to get off my lap poop right next to me and then resume lap time :)

Rainy 08-29-2011 05:10 AM

Quote:

Feral finally is kind enough to get off my lap poop right next to me and then resume lap time :)

<3 It must be love....<3

alexdud25 09-14-2011 11:08 PM

Shadow loves pooping in his bath! It's in the sink so I just empty all the water and start new. I'm too lazy to fish it out so I just pour some bleach afterward :D

He used to poop EVERYTIME I clipped his nails...Thank goodness he now just goes in the bath!!