Hedgehog won't eat!!! - Page 3 - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree17Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2015, 01:01 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieperf View Post
My hedgehog had a mass in her mouth that is being tested for cancer currently. It came out with no problem at all, and she started eating soft food hours after it was removed. The doctor said it looked more like a scrape that got infected, rather than a tumor. She said I probably don't have anything to worry about, especially now that she's eating. So Miss Dont-Get-Your-Hopes-Up can hopefully learn that she DOESN'T know everything and can't see into the future. And she should be relieved that I won't be back, because I sure learned my lesson from this.
Oh for goodness sake, can we cut the histrionics? Grow up.

I never told you that your hedgehog wouldn't recover. I said that if your hedgehog hadn't eaten in five days, you might want to prepare for that possibility. The reason I said that is because I've seen many cases in which that was the outcome. So, excuse me for giving you the courtesy of a heads up. Now, if you have any other issues with me, take it up with me in PM where I'll decide if you're even worth the energy of another response or if I'd just rather get on with my life.

That being said, I'm glad it was something treatable. I'm glad the prognosis is good. My opinion that you're really just extremely lucky stands.
Lilysmommy and octopushedge like this.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:52 AM   #22 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Alright, thread's done. The hedgehog has been seen, conditions have improved, and hopefully the tests will come back with good results. Pixie, feel free to leave the forum if you want to. If you're going to stay, I repeat that it's not acceptable to yell at people because you don't like their response, particularly when they were not rude or malicious about it. As I already said, Mel said nothing wrong, given the circumstances. I'm closing this thread now as further argument on here won't serve any purpose. If one of the other mods disagrees, please feel free to open it back up.
octopushedge likes this.

RIP my sweet Lily ~ 6/12/08 - 1/20/12
Lilysmommy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in