Not hearing from breeder... - Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lilysmommy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2015, 08:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Not hearing from breeder...

So based on how many babies have been born at the various dates my breeder has posted and based on their published list I should be getting a baby pretty soon! While exciting I've been having a hard time getting in contact with them. This is a VERY popular, WELL REGARDED breeder in my area with about 4 litters of babies, a busy etsy store and I know had a family engagement earlier this month. Theysaid in our last correspondence on April 20th the earliest they could schedule for me to do a "meet and greet" would be May 17/18 but that would be very close to when i would be getting contacted about a baby (based on the wording of policy I assume then to pick up within the following week). Replying I understood their busy schedule I said to please let me know if any thing else changes. But I haven't heard anything since. However, the 17th will be upon us shortly, would it be ok to email the breeder again? I don't want to be annoying or bother them but other than I'm very excited to get a hedgie baby- I have a deposit down and am preparing to spend alot of money/ need to get things ready to bring the hedgie home.
Dlk02191 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2015, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I think it would be okay to email with a check-in, to just ask if everything is still all set for the 17th. A little follow-up email to confirm that the appointment is still on shouldn't be annoying, I don't think. Now if you were emailing several times a week or every day...
nikki likes this.

RIP my sweet Lily ~ 6/12/08 - 1/20/12
Lilysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2015, 04:21 AM   #3 (permalink)

thanks lilysmommy! i've followed up with no reply and email twice a week apart since... still haven't heard anything and I see via the website I'm now 3rd on the list. I feel like maybe I'm being deliberately given a run around since I've seen the breeder active on social media.
Dlk02191 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Anytime you put a deposit down you are definitely entitled to be kept in the loop! If they have a phone number I would definitely call. Unfortunately, some breeders do give people the run around but if it is a good breeder you shouldn't have to worry. I would try and call them and leave a polite message but also ask what all has been going on since you have placed a deposit and haven't heard anything back. Worst case scenario I would at least definitely keep all of your messages and emails showing you've made the attempt to make contact the breeder if they continue ignoring you after a deposit has been placed.
!Star_Burst! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central – Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in