Hedgehog Central banner

Masturbation??

115K views 84 replies 45 participants last post by  *hogwild* 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
My male hedgehog Sonic (original right?) has started doing a weird behavior....

He like tucks under and if I look under him I can see his wiener poking out onto his chin...

I hope I don't get banned or something because of posting this question cuz it really is a legitimate question.

I hope Sonic isn't sick or something....

#4 ·
I have 5 males and they all do it differently! Some hump the air, some go down and do it them selves I have one that HAS to be in his tissue box another in his litter box and another that uses his stuffed animal.

No worries your hedgie is completely normal..

-Sebian- I some how catch Aero everyday doing his business by picking him up! He changes how he does it so often I cant keep up. Now that he has had surgery and cant have a wheel or anything else that may cause him to pop his stitches, he is doing it more often than now. Boys will be boys :roll:

#5 ·
Perfectly normal... Inky quite prefers the couch:

(Hopes I'm not banned for this either- I'll remove it if it's inappropriate :lol: )

#10 ·
LOL... I turn around for a second, and he's up and at 'em. Boys will be boys... :roll:

Of course he's just dancing! Couldn't you tell? ;)

#12 ·
fosteliss said:
Here's a youtube video of someone who recorded their hedgehog doing the gesture:
Good gosh; that looks huge! Is that normal size for a male hedgie?

#14 ·
LG that couch looks just like mine too...
LG: it appears that we may have the exact same couch....at least it's the same fabric.
LOL, I can guarantee that it is not yours. :lol: Inky has claimed it!

#17 ·
Ha yeah. I was just laying there on my bed and had my hedgie columbus in his little bed next to me, and I look down to quite a surprise his erm. thing staring me right in the face. :? I was like whoaa budy please keep it under you k? Yeah for some reason my guy has taken to doing this while outside of his cage. hmf. :roll:

#18 ·
one of mine...does it EVERY time he is out of his house... :oops: on my lap...on my shirt.. the first time i saw it i was rather upset..i didnt realize how...ummm...big they were that they could lick them...sorry it that is to much for anyone...
and i think i have the same couch also!!! except mine definitely has been claimed by both hedgie and Liam.

#22 ·
:lol: oh I have had a right giggle reading all of your stories - I have 3 boys - one is very shy and I havent seenanything with him YET guaranteed it wont be long and the other 2........WELL!!!! One takes great delight in licking himself and I have made the mistake of going to get him out in the middle and one night I thought he was having a fit and panicked - nearly fell out of bed to get to him quickly but NOPE he was just having fun with his toy mousie :lol: and my middle boy he is just the worst - I only have to call him to get him up but his favouritest trick of all times at the moment is to rub himself as he is getting up have a quick nibble and then coming to run towards me back arched and on FULL display :shock: he also rubs himself in his play pen and randomly pleasures himself when exploring :lol: men!!! cant do anything with them :lol:

Love Inky's piccie too - hahaha thats great - caught in the act!!!

#23 ·
Yea back on this topic (wondering if its maybe why my hedgie gets angry at me at times but then other times is more than happy to hang out normally)

Anyone know about what age they start doing such things?

Cause thus far I havnt seen "it" but I havnt really tried to check for obvious reasons

Dexters currently 2 months 1 week old so idk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.