Looking for local male Northern Nevada - Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum
Hedgehog Central GalleryForum Archives Facebook Link

Like Tree14Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for local male Northern Nevada

I'm possibly interested in a one time breed with my female. Not looking to make money nor become a breeder. In fact all hoglets but 1 female will be given to do with as you wish after weaning. Please email me if interested

andrea_mehrer@yahoo.com
luscious775 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2017, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Please do not breed hedgehogs that are not of good breeding stock or without a license, even if it's one time.
Licensed breeders are working very hard to rid the species of genetic diseases such as WHS and some cancers, and backyard breeding is not helping to eliminate it.

AnnaLK is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

You people are so rude! Get a life you are not my or anyone else's mother and I said possibly All you guys want to do is step on a backyard breeder whom means well! Not that u deserve to know I'm only interested in keeping one female the rest will go as a stud fee and beforeanyone else makes a rude or pushy comment I have raised many of Gods Creatures neonatally to death! You people have been scaring others away because you act like hedgehog police! Get out more and stay out.of people's business you will live a lot longer you'll find

Old 03-13-2017, 07:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

Without all the information on your female, she shouldn't be bred at all. And without being able to personally verify the males background, he shouldn't be bred. That's just caring about the animals you bring into this world.
Then there is quarantine issues, why breeding contracts aren't really a thing with hedgehogs.
Is this the female you were asking for last week? If so, you don't even know if she is healthy yet.
nikki and ArizonaHazelnut like this.
twobytwopets is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 07:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Exactly I don't know anything yet and I don't necessarily need my own male and the man who had her, well he's a small breeder and she was there over a month these people just dumped her like garbage I just wanted.her to have a daughter
Old 03-13-2017, 08:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Without you insulting me, can I ask why do you want her to have a daughter?
nikki likes this.
Artemis-Ichiro is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 08:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

That makes it worse. You don't know her age, very bad thing for breeding.
There is absolutely no justification for "just once so she has a daughter" animals don't see their offspring like we do. She has no desire to have a baby. She really has no desire to require a c-section delivery. She really doesn't want to suffer the consequences of you finding out she needs to deliver those babies surgically, who might have all passed by that point, just a little too late.
nikki, Lilysmommy, AnnaLK and 1 others like this.
twobytwopets is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 08:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Moderator

So you want to breed your hedgehog...

Quote:
"My pet would enjoy being a mother and this would bring more meaning to her life."
Granted, I don't think this is one I've really seen in regards to hedgehogs, but I figured I'd include it anyway. Not only is it a silly reason to breed any animal, and projecting your own human feelings onto your pet, it's particularly untrue for hedgehogs. They are a solitary species that avoids the company of other hedgehogs except for necessary mating and raising babies. While some hedgehogs make great mothers and are old hands at raising even their first litter, there's no way to tell that before breeding, and once in awhile, a hedgehog might cannibalize several litters until the breeder gives up breeding them.
Guess I have to change the first sentence on that section.

Mating, pregnancy, labor, and raising babies are all immensely stressful things for animals, including hedgehogs. She doesn't need that stress in her life, particularly if she's already gone through the stress of numerous owner changes & if you're not sure she's healthy.

Edit: By the way, the threats are unnecessary, inappropriate, and not acceptable on this forum. Please keep your replies civil - no one here is attacking you or being rude to you. We are being honest. If you continue to attack with your replies, you may end up on moderation for breaking the rules of this forum.

RIP my sweet Lily ~ 6/12/08 - 1/20/12

Last edited by Lilysmommy; 03-13-2017 at 08:34 PM.
Lilysmommy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 09:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

Can you please explain to me how you are going to makesure there is no WHS in either her or the male's genetic backgrounds?

Also can you also explain where exactly AnnaLK was rude to you? I have read all the posts and the only rudeness I see has come from you. Maybe I'm missing something?

http://www.quillsnthings.webs.com

Last edited by nikki; 03-13-2017 at 09:34 PM.
nikki is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 11:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

The more simple way of explaining this:

Your female could very likely die from a pregnancy.
You're not a breeder, you don't know what you're doing.
Do you want to potentially kill your hedgehog by making irresponsible decisions?
No, of course not.

So don't breed her. Simple.
Matvei is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hedgehog Central Hedgehog pet care & owner forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.