Hedgehog Central banner

Kaytee Clean and Cozy Bedding safe for Hedgehogs?

10K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  DesertHedgehogs 
#1 ·
I recently switched Dexter from fleece liners to Kaytee bedding because he kept soiling his liners everyday and I don't have access to a washer machine as often as I need to keep them clean. I was going to get the Carefresh, but this Kaytee bedding was half the price. I was wondering if this bedding is safe for hedgehogs? Has anyone else used it?

#3 ·
I got some of this to get us by until I make our cage liners, and it's not like carefresh at all.. it's much more paper like, similar to shredded coffee filters. It's much lighter and softer than carefresh. It also expands a LOT.

It doesn't seem particularly dusty but because it is so lightweight it does tend to cling to everything.

#4 ·
shmurciakova said:
I haven't used it but I have seen it and wondered how it was. Let us know! I was wondering if it was dusty or it had any perfumes added, etc.
I know there's versions that do have perfume added, such as a lavender version. The plain ones don't though (as far as I know, from working at a pet store). If the bedding doesn't seem to be dusty, sounds like it may be a decent alternative to Carefresh!

#5 ·
I use it for my nesting females. Much less dusty than carefresh, I also like the white color, it makes it easier to tell if their feces or urine is off or if there's been any bleeding. It does expand a ton, and is very soft and fluffy and easy for them to burrow in. We use liners for everyone else, but unless you have access to a washing machine or a ton of extra liners it's a good choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.