Hedgehog Central banner

The Semi-official Princess Pricklepants thread

13K views 74 replies 12 participants last post by  fishhead 
#1 ·
See less See more
#11 ·
#12 ·
Funny Princess PP story.

My daughter read that hedgehogs might carry around a fleece blankie if you give them small fleece squares, so she gave PPP a pile of fleece squares about an inch or so big, had to be 35-40 of them. We left them in a pile in her cage and hid a piece of kibble in it. The next morning the entire pile had been moved about three inches over and the piece of kibble was just sitting there.

She moves her igloo around every night. She also has a small stuffed iguana that is almost as big as she is. If I don't put it under her igloo she tries to drag it in there or sleeps outside of the igloo with her head under the iguana. In the igloo she often positions it to block the entrance/exit, unless she decides to sleep with her butt out the entrance, lol.

I'm amazed by how much control she has with her quills. If she is nestled on my lap with her head tucked in somewhere and she falls asleep she will slightly puff her quills only in the areas not touching me. I read hedgehogs don't like petting, but she does the thing where she sticks her nose under my hand to make me pet her and if she is sleepy and you lightly pet her back/butt she purrs.

We are enamored, can you tell?

#21 ·
OMG the Pringles can *dead*. BTW I am TOTALLY that person that posts like 4+ hedgehog pictures a day lol. To my defense... I have two hedgehogs... but ya.. I post a lot of pictures of them on instagram lol

#27 · (Edited)
We use Flickr to post photos, been using it for a good while to post family photos and nature photography. Our photo stream is here:

http://flickr.com/photos/somebachs/

On Flickr there's a thing called being Explored - out of the millions of photos a day that are uploaded, 500 are selected as the most "interesting" (not good exactly, interesting), based on peoples responses to them. Here are the photos we've had explored:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/somebachs/sets/72157633523493199/

We were hanging out in the 490,000 area when we started posting hedgie photos. Two of them got explored and got around 20,000 views each, and brought a bunch more views to the whole photo stream that pushed us over the 500,000 mark.

The Hedgehog pushes it to half a million. Half a million views on flickr and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

#30 ·
The Hedgehog pushes it to half a million. Half a million views on flickr and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.
I believe the moral of this story is, "MOAR HEDGIES PLEEEZE"

I have accepted my hedgehog has a bigger fanbase and a more dedicated internet following than I will ever have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.