Hedgehog Central banner

Princess Pricklepants and the Surprising Set of Events

6K views 32 replies 7 participants last post by  fishhead 
#1 ·
See less See more
#7 ·
#12 · (Edited)
I love reading this blog. Am I inside out or is the blog!!!!!!!!!!! Just some of the reasons I love it:
1. One of the latest blogs is fantastic: Princess Pricklepants and the Dinosaur Denouement
2. The supportive pictures:
3. The writing itself: "Boris had a degree in comparative mythology which seemed to Princess to be fairly close to a law degree."
4 . "She was interrupted by a politeness advice request text. "I have a lovely 17-year-old step-daughter. Recently she has developed a lot of anger issues and has loud, tantrum-like outbursts where she curses out her dad and says very hurtful things to him. What can I do to bring her in line? - Frustrated Mom"
She began to type a response, "Dear Frustrating Mom, To get your daughter in line, take her to Disneyland, there are many, many lines there. Alternately you could…"
5. "Princess Pricklepants was not in her best mood. She'd only gotten 15 hours of sleep the night before. Someone had left here etiquette guide on the floor. And now this. (Since they'd started working in tech., they had been practicing starting sentences with conjunctions.) Her company that she'd worked for days to build was now stolen by dinosaur venture capitalists."
6. Anything to do with the tea party!
I always look forward to this. Thank you!!

#15 ·
I am already anxious to set aside some time so I can truly enjoy the ghost series. The pictures!!!!!! Toofers! The scenery! The picture with just the Princess and the book.............I wish I was in her head when she made that expression!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you ever consider a series of children's books@

#17 ·
A book would be great.

Hey if they can publish a "I can haz cheezburgers" book and calendar, hedgehogs ought to be even better.

Reactions: fishhead
#18 ·
#19 ·
#20 ·
Somehow it's happened again, there is a new episode/blog post in which there are pirate ghosts, dreams of tiara quests, concerns about the term "mysterious mysteries" and various other things, all of which are delightful to read.

Behold Princess Pricklepants and the Perils of Pirate Plunder: The Picky Princess
http://princesspricklepants.com/201...-perils-of-pirate-plunder-the-picky-princess/

Here are a few preview images selected from many others:

#22 ·
Happy news everyone, there is a new blog post in which Her Highness is not tied to a mast, Her Highness does not battle an ogre named Humbaba, there are many chickens, and things may or may not reach the Ultimate Finale of Completion, depending.

http://princesspricklepants.com/2015/10/31/princess-pricklepants-and-the-perils-of-pirate-plunder-the-ultimate-finale-of-completion/

And here are a few previews of things to be seen:

vacation photos! (sorry)

A mysterious island.

Dreams of battles with trolls.

Tedious journeys.

Also there are many words.

#25 ·
I ask myself what kind of person writes this blog; then I ask myself what kind of person reads it...............uh oh.......I do! You must have a holiday issue! Princess frolicking with Santa. What is the Barbie doll from Princess's room doing in Santa's sack!! Put the monkey on the roof for pick-up on December 24th. Finally, I need to know what is in Princess's teapot........is it really tea? Hot chocolate? Whiskey? Or possibly the witch's brew????? Oh, and one more thing.............it is quality and not quantity!!!!!!!!!!!

#26 ·
I ask myself what kind of person writes this blog;
It's totally normal to write little stories on a blog about your pet hedgehog living a life as a politeness expert, entrepreneur, acupuncturist, space traveler, pirate adventurer, victim of monkey impoliteness, etc. going on little adventures with toy cows/bears/monkeys/alligators isn't it? Isn't it?!

then I ask myself what kind of person reads it...............
The real question is what kind of person *wouldn't* read such things...

You must have a holiday issue! Princess frolicking with Santa
Yes, we definitely need to pull out the Christmas sets again.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/somebachs/11343433035/in/album-72157637982149774/

it is quality and not quantity!!!!!!!!!!!
As it turns out yesterday the blog got on the front page of Hacker News and got around 9,000 hits. :shock: It was the PP Startup Founder Extraordinaire one, so the tech. nerds liked it.

I'd made many of the links in the stories to things like hedgehogfarmercentral.com, or hedgehehogentrepeneurcentral.com go to hedgehogcentral.com/forum so there were a bunch of clickthroughs to the forum...

#27 ·
Well, it's happened again. There is another post - Princess Pricklepants' Somewhat Distracted Guide to Manners, Monkeys, Etc.

There is a new blog post in which geography is taught but not learned, tea party etiquette is discussed, notes are almost left on refrigerators, dealing with the monkey business is delayed, and there are many cute pictures.

http://princesspricklepants.com/201...what-distracted-guide-to-manners-monkeys-etc/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.